How To Raise Chickens As A Beginner For Profits
Raising your very own chickens takes a lot of requirements, planning, dedication and proper organization to make it successful, hence costly mistakes has to be avoided to minimize putting your chickens at risk of dying which can put you through loss as you will lose a lot of money on the process.
The first important and noblest step to raise health profitable chickens is building the right chicken coop. proper planning is needed when building the right chicken coop.
The size and position of your chicken coop plays a very big role in the success of your chicken project. If the space is not enough in the chicken coop your chickens can face space constraint and this can lead to your chickens dying as a result.
Accurate measurements of the yard or space should be made when starting out the building of the chicken coop where your chicken can graze, the space in and out of the coop should be enough to accommodate all if your chickens.
It is very wise and advisable when building your chicken coop to make it big not judging according to the number of chickens present for incase along the way you decide to add more chickens in the future.
To keep a close watch at your chickens you must build your coop in a safe location that is nearer to you and in site free from predators that may eat your chickens.
A good idea in keeping your chickens safe is by building a wired fence around the coop, this fence should be high enough for predators not to jump in.
The coop itself should be built in a way that sunlight can get inside and be well ventilated. If you build your coop this way you will ensure that your chickens get enough temperature needed for them to survive.
The coop will also be a protection for your chickens from extreme weather conditions. How To Raise Chickens ,Building your own chicken coop is a wise decision if you are on tight budget, but if you have money to invest you can buy a chicken coop which is available on the market.
Though you should ensure when deciding to buy one that you choose one that will go hand in hand with your chicken project. But you can always make modification to your coop if necessary.
Step By Step GuideTo Raising Your Very Own Chicken At Home
• Find out if you are allowed to raise chickens in your area. Some states or countries might not allow the raising of chickens.
Chickens require a lot of management, and attention you should make sure you feed your chickens the right food to keep them healthy and illness free.
Chicken can eat all sorts of food like garden pests, weed and even your leftover foods, with this being said chickens can be good for your garden as well because they eat up the insects and also fertilize your garden.
• Building a chicken house is very important, the chicken house should be safe and protect the chickens from predators. You should try by all means to keep your coop clean.
Get Started On The Right Path In Keeping Healthy Chicken
It’s no doubt that a lot of people across the globe are getting into chicken farming for several reasons such as the state of the economy, people are looking for many convenient ways to make a living.
whilst others are just making chicken pets in their backyards there is a lot to consider when it comes to raising chickens, most important is the equipment used in chicken farming, the last thing you want for your chickens is food.
- Chicken housing – Just like any other livestock chicken need a place to call home, where they will raised and probably talk about the day’s events.
- Chickens will also lay their eggs in their home we have to protected chickens from extreme weather conditions like heavy rain and heat.
- Poultry equipment – when talking about poultry equipment we are looking at equipment like poultry feeders, chicken waterers and nesting boxes.
- The type of equipment to buy depends on the age, and number of chickens you have. Young chickens need their own equipment whilst older chickens need different equipment as well.
- Second hand poultry equipment – Buying used equipment can save you a lot of money if you are not on budget.
- You can get very affordable poultry equipment from animal auctions and even Craigslist. Not forgetting your local newspaper and farmers magazines.
- Chicken Feed – Now please make sure that before you order your chickens there is food ready for them to eat.
- When chickens usually arrives in a new home the first thing they like doing is to eat. And you should note that chickens eat different kinds of food.
- The food they eat is determined by their age. Young chickens don’t eat the same food as old chickens.
- Storage Equipment – By storage equipment we mean containers that will store your chicken’s food and grain.
- The storage equipment will also help in keeping other animals away from your chickens feed. These containers can also be kept inside your chicken house so you can easily access to when feeding your chickens. THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD START TODAY IN RAISING YOUR VERY OWN CHICKENS
Chickens provide good nutrition for your body and the eggs are great tasting as well. There is no other animals that produce edible eggs like chickens. The eggs are high in demand.
It is very exciting to watch chickens go about doing their things because of their different personalities. No other chicken behavior is the same as another chicken they are all unique in their own way, their colors, sizes, and patterns are all different thus making it easier for you to give them names.
Raising chickens in your farm provides you with sustainable living
Since chickens are not choosey when it comes to eating, there is no need for you to dispose your leftovers because they can eat them for you.